Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:13:11 -0400
From:      "Jonathan T. Sage" <sagejona@theatre.msu.edu>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems after php upgrade

--------------enig6F16CD0FC524B664DAE6AD06

Paul - From /usr/ports/UPDATING:

If you have a previous php.ini configuration file, be sure to comment
out the extension_dir parameter, since the correct path is statically
compiled into the PHP binary.

I missed this too the first time through, but it fixed the same exact
problem. (possibly s/same exact/similar/)

Hope this helps ~j

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I just upgraded php today, and php no longer works on the web server.  I
> upgraded the php4 port, and then installed the extensions.  When I try
> to load a php page, it's blank, and I get errors like these in
> httpd-errors.log:
>
> PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './openssl.so' -
> Cannot open &quot;./openssl.so&quot; in Unknown on line 0
> PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './overload.so'
> - Cannot open &quot;./overload.so&quot; in Unknown on line 0
> PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './pcre.so' -
> Cannot open &quot;./pcre.so&quot; in Unknown on line 0
>
> The php.ini file has this in it:
> extensions_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/20020429" (which is where the
> extensions are.)  The perms are root:wheel r--r--r.
>
> There's also a php.conf file now (in /usr/local/etc/) and it has
> PHP_EXT_DIR=20020249.
>
> I have the correct stuff in httpd.conf (otherwise php wouldn't have
> worked before.)
>
> I looked through the pkg-message files in the extensions and base dirs,
> but no luck.
>
> What did I miss?
>
> Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
> Adjunct Information Security Officer
> The University of Texas at Dallas
> AVIEN Founding Member
> http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

Jonathan T. Sage
Theatrical Lighting / Set Designer
Professional Web Design

Homer: ...and when a woman says "something sounds
        funny", you'd better not laugh your ass off.

[HTTP://www.JTSage.com]
[sagejona@msu.edu]
[See Headers for Contact Info]