Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:41:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NS 5530 audio supported?

Hi,

I'm considering to buy a small embedded system:
http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-5820.ASP

Almost all of its components should be supported by FreeBSD
(Geode processor, RealTek ethernet, IDE/flp/par/ser ports,
CF socket, USB), but I'm not sure about the audio.
This is the description of the audio part:

Chipset: NS 5530(A)
Audio controller: Support for AC97 PCI surround audio interface
Audio interface: Mic in, line in, CD audio in, line & speaker out

Is that supported under FreeBSD?  I only need PCM playback
(44.1kHz/16bit/stereo), no more.

Regards
   Oliver