Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:48:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        mcgovern@spoon.beta.com (Brian J. McGovern)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printcaps...

> Thanks for all the people that helped me getting PS via GS working with my
> inkjet. One last problem. I have hosts.equiv set up to let a couple of hosts
> use LPR printing to my Unix host. When I print text or postscript from the
> local machine, it works fine. When I print from my Windows 3.1 workstation
> (again, using LPR, and the printdrivers for the color bubblejet (Cannon BJC
> 600), it gives the following error:

You mean you have enabled the Windows printer driver for that printer
on the Windows side and you are connecting to a lpr printer?
I'm not aware what printing options you have on the Win 3.1 side
but I would guess Windows is sending codes for the Cannon BJC to the
lpr daemon which is getting puzzled. Try to use transparent printing on the
Windows side, e.g. choose a (fake) Postscript printer.