Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 2020 13:57:21 +0200
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.4 / 12.2 pkg-install problems startup service

>=20
> That said because we know a lot of people have been doing that for a =
while, pkg
> has an option (off by default) HANDLE_RC_SCRIPT
>=20
> if you set it to true when installing your package it will start the =
rc.d script
> so you don't need to install that in your post install script.

Let me see if I understood this right? Usually, under pkg-install POST =
phase there could be set some final settings=20
after the package is extracted and copied to its destination. But =
placing startup scripts or calling rc.d scripts from
that POST install phase would not work. Right ? Or does it?

I am asking because I want to be able to allow users to just say: pkg =
add kdr-1.6.2-freebsd11.4-amd64.txz=20
and thats it. The sfw will install under /opt/kronometrix and all =
necessarily components should start automatically.
For that I was thinking I could use pkg-install POST phase.  Do you mean =
could I set true the HANDLE_RC_SCRIPT
variable is the pkg-install POST phase or where ?

Or do you mean, when I manually pkg add I should set true =
HANDLE_RC_SCRIPT from command line for pkg command ?

Cheers,
Stefan