Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 16:13:08 -0700
From:      "Tomlinson, Drew" <Drew.Tomlinson@lc.ca.gov>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Perl / ZoneEdit Question - Perl Modules/Libraries

--Boundary_(ID_cAs9t/vu/y0iw6arDXcvIQ)

I know that this isn't exactly a FreeBSD question but I'm hoping someone
will assist me.  I have an account with ZoneEdit.com (a free DNS service).
I am trying to use their Perl script to update my dynamic address as needed.
I know nothing about Perl and could use some help.  The beginning of this
script has the following two lines:

use Sys::Hostname;
use LWP::UserAgent;

A co-worker, who doesn't know much more than I, told me that these
statements are to use a library outside of Perl.  A quick trip to the ports
section revealed www/p5-libwww which I am compiling now.  Does anyone know
what I need to do to get the Sys library (module? - I don't even know the
vocabulary yet)?  Or better yet, is there anyone that has done the same and
is willing to help me offline?  I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Drew

--Boundary_(ID_cAs9t/vu/y0iw6arDXcvIQ)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Perl / ZoneEdit Question - Perl Modules/Libraries</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I know that this isn't exactly a FreeBSD question but =
I'm hoping someone will assist me.&nbsp; I have an account with =
ZoneEdit.com (a free DNS service).&nbsp; I am trying to use their Perl =
script to update my dynamic address as needed.&nbsp; I know nothing =
about Perl and could use some help.&nbsp; The beginning of this script =
has the following two lines:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>use Sys::Hostname;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>use LWP::UserAgent;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>A co-worker, who doesn't know much more than I, told =
me that these statements are to use a library outside of Perl.&nbsp; A =
quick trip to the ports section revealed www/p5-libwww which I am =
compiling now.&nbsp; Does anyone know what I need to do to get the Sys =
library (module? - I don't even know the vocabulary yet)?&nbsp; Or =
better yet, is there anyone that has done the same and is willing to =
help me offline?&nbsp; I'd appreciate any assistance.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Drew</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_cAs9t/vu/y0iw6arDXcvIQ)--