Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 08:21:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Peter Korsten <peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The GUI debate

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Actually, if the user base increases due to a very wonderful and
> colorful install package perhaps we will have the problem of too
> many programmers wanting to hack the install package.

So we abandon a majority of our user base because they can't
install, then gain a new user base because of a glitzy install
package?  Just indulge me for a moment: what, exactly, is wrong
with the user base we currently have?  They don't have cool
enough hardware?

Speaking of uncool hardware, I recently installed FreeBSD on a
386SL laptop with 6 megabytes of ram and an 80 megabyte hard
drive.  The formerly useless piece of hardware is now very cool
in my mind.  :)

-john