Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 19:18:07 -0600 (MDT)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Microsoft Divorce

Quite a while back a questions thread started on the order of
"what does everybody actually _do_" with their FBSD systems?

With a need to send Word Perfect, wordcrap or whatever format compatible
documents to clients all over the country who so far are all running
$mscrash--the divorce took awhile but is complete.

Corel Word Perfect Personal Edition 8 for Linux took me over the final
hurdle. For $57 shipping and book included--well, not much of a book but
there is print on the pages--this reasonably powerful program that is
better than wordcrap will save files in many formats including those
requiring the dreaded "DOC". It's also better than StarOfice, in my
judgement and within the scope of a limited comparison period.
It's also Y2K compliant including a spreadsheet.

Decided to post this because, had I seen a similar message nearly
2 years ago at the beginning of the uphill climb, I would have
been greatly encouraged--hope it does something similar for
someone else.

ML Duke