Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:33:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
Cc:        Johan Pettersson <johpe159@student.liu.se>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sniff,pass,e-mail clients

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Ludwig Pummer wrote:

> 'ssh -L 110:serverip:110 serverip'

I just realized that this will only work if you're running the ssh
cleint as root, because otherwise you won't be able to bind to a low port.
Hrm. I suppose you could use a higher local port, and then have root run
something like bounce (or netcat?) to redirect port 110 to the higher
port. That would at least let you run the ssh client as a normal user.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )