Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 16:16:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Ron Echeverri <rone@B1FF.nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH admits exploit in 1.2.26 client (fwd)

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Ron Echeverri wrote:

> Dean Hollister writes:
>   Has version 2 been ported yet?
>
> ssh 2.x has a severely stupid license that inhibits its use.  Also,
> please notice the security hole in ssh 1.2.26 ONLY occurs if you are
> also using Kerberos V.

A port exists in the PR/GNATS system for sshv2, but I don't think it's
being committed for the above reason, though you could search for the PR
and grab it for yourself.

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany