Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:17:18 +0000
From:      Otter <otterr@bellsouth.net>
To:        Chris Silva <bitsurfr@enteract.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster Vibra16

Chris Silva wrote:

> Could somebody be good enough to let me in on how to setup the
> above sound card in 3.4?
>
> Best regards,
>                  Chris

i can only assume that you didn't bother to look for docs yet, as you
should have. i'm feeling generous since i'm confident that the dolphins
are going to make the jaguars bend over and grab their ankles tomorrow,
so here goes:
go read up on /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/CARDS for the general info and
pnp line for the kernel if you need it.
I don't have a Vibra, but i do have an old SB16 value model, as well as
an AWE64 value sound card. they both work with the same configuration in
the kernel, and i use the pcm0 driver for mine. i have a
device          pcm0     at isa? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
no pnp0 references in the kernel, just this one line...
i don't know if this will work for you, but the docs group the vibra with
the other stuff. i'm just giving you a line for the plain sb16 and awe64.
i hope this was of help... and don't forget: GO MIAMI!
-Otter