Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:13:52 -0600
From:      "Thomas Connolly" <tconnolly@electrosoftsolutions.com>
To:        "'Christopher J. Umina'" <uminac@216-164-225-145.c3-0.wth-ubr2.sbo-wth.ma.cable.rcn.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Hack The Box

First off, intentionally trying breach system security can be a good
thing.  This should be done only for the sake of identifying security
holes and helping the system administrator and the Open Source
communities fix these problems.  Any security holes should be reported
to the Sys Admin first so that they make fix them and then the report
them to the proper program administrator.  Intending to damage someone's
system or steal valuable information, would as you put it, be very
childish.

That said, this should get you started.

http://welcome.to/hwa.hax0r.news/

Thomas Connolly