Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 14:45:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, sos@FreeBSD.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X rated applications

> > If memory does not failed me , the why people don't write apps
> > subject was first mentioned by Soren and he proposed yet another
> > graphic API. Thats when I started jumping in . Furthermore, it is my
> > believe, Jordan, that you want to or wanted to de-emphasize X apps
> > due to:
>
> I do not want to de-emphasise X apps.  If you want to write a word
> processor, a 3D drawing system or a virtual reality visor that uses X
> then by all means - go for it!  I'd love to see more of those sorts of
> applications available for FreeBSD.

If you do do this, please make the word processor look and act exactly
like Microsoft Word.  This would be a big selling point.  Especially
if it could use their file formats unmodified, and was independent of
host vs. file token stream byte order.

Now if we can only get someone to rewrite the rest of MS Office... and
then offer a "competitive upgrade" CDROM.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.