Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:34:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        "Stephen L. Palmer" <slpalmer@midearth.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4-Server / x11/wrapper issue

> I've not re-cvsup'd the ports tree since then, so this is what I was
> using.
[...]
> # $FreeBSD: ports/x11/wrapper/Makefile,v 1.11 2002/03/11 13:08:22 trevor

I'm sorry.  I wrote nonsense.  It sounds as though what happened was:

- you installed an X server along with the wrapper port
- later, you updated the port skeleton for the X server (perhaps by
  cvsup?)
- you compiled and installed the new X server
- the wrapper no longer worked
- you reinstalled the wrapper

What I meant to ask you was:  on what date did you _originally_ install
the wrapper?  That is, the first time, not the second.  If you don't
remember, and if you run locate, and if your locate database hasn't been
updated since you reinstalled the wrapper, please try the command "locate
Xwrapper".  If you had the latest version of the port, then
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper-4 will show up.  Otherwise, it'll say
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper.  If you first set up X since the 11th, I suppose
you might remember.
--
Trevor Johnson