Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 22:03:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Linuxulator on SMP systems broken?

Hello.

Within the last week we rushed into a seriuos SMP problem with our SMP servers
due a bug in the FBSD 4.2-STABLE code. Since then we have also on all SMP systems
a problem with several Linux applications, which work perfect on UP systems with the
same installation and installation date (as cvsupdated today).

It is very important to have NCAR graphics 4.2.1 working here and it did before
the 1. June.

The phenomenon is, that an application called IDT (a visualization tool under
NCARG) works perfect under all UP systems and suddenly not under our SMP machines.
When applying a 'truss idt' I receive a "SIG 20" whenever I try to push a button.

Does anyone else have problems with the Linuxulator after the horrible SMP problems?
Maybe this problem is not related to the SMP problem, but it is very suspicous that
it occured after this problem occured due the fact we did not change any kind of
configuration ...

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)