Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:35:00 +0100 (WET)
From:      Jose Gabriel J Marcelino <gabriel@maquina.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Support for the Winbond W6692CF

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone is working on i4b support (under FreeBSD at least)
for the PCI Winbond W6692 ISDN chips. The datasheet for them is here:
http://www.winbond.com/produ/w6692.htm

Doing ISDN solutions I usually went with the Asus I-IN100-ST-DV ISA cards
that work great and with a great price tag too, but nowadays I can't get
them anymore as they have been replaced, like everything these days,  by
the PCI version.

The PCI version of these card includes the mentioned Winbond W6692CF
chip. It would be great if these were supported as my only other option
here  is going with the much more expensive (and not much better) Teles
ISA cards.

These cards also have a TA analog port built-in, making
them even more interesting as I can get them for about US$60 here.

I'm even tempted to send one of these cards to someone with a genuine
interest to do the necessary driver. Please let me know who wishes to do
so.

I think I can't do it myself as my C knowlegde is very dusty (doing
too much Perl programming these days), I have no experience with
kernel-mode programming and I don't understand the specifics of the ISDN
subsystem. It would probably take me a long long time to do it :-)

Regards,

Gabriel