Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2007 20:51:38 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        glewis@FreeBSD.org, Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Portmaster and Portmanager problem with jdk15

Both Portmaster and Portmanager (I haven't tried Portupgrade) install
java/linux-sun-jdk15 on an upgrade of java/jdk15. If I upgrade
jdk15 manually it isn't built, so it must be done by the tools.

The way the jdk15 makefile works is that it looks for the location
of an existing jdk installation for bootstrapping and sets
BOOTSTRAPJDKDIR accordingly. We then have:

# if no valid jdk found, set dependency
.if !defined(BOOTSTRAPJDKDIR)
BOOTSTRAPJDKDIR?=${LOCALBASE}/linux-sun-jdk${SUN_LINUX_JDK_VERSION}
.endif
BUILD_DEPENDS+=${BOOTSTRAPJDKDIR}/bin/javac:${PORTSDIR}/java/linux-sun-jdk15

I don't know why this causes the build-tools to install
linux-sun-jdk15, but simply moving the BUILD_DEPENDS+= line inside the
if-endif block, seems to fix the problem. That line is only needed if
no jdk is present.