Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 12:15:33 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'mwlucas@exceptionet.com'" <mwlucas@exceptionet.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: tunefs: /dev/rwd0s1e: reload: Invalid argument

I got the exact same error, on the 2 machines I've enabled softupdates.
Upon rebooting softupdates in enabled and I can actually tell the
difference.

SO.. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

To verify that softupdates is working, after you reboot, just type 'mount'.
It'll list softupdates for the partitions, if they are enabled.

-Chris