Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:21:13 +0200
From:      stanley jobson <stanley.jobson@gmx.ch>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Eterm

> > hi,
> > when updated my box from 5.3 to 5.4 / -STABLE i ran into probs with
> > Eterm ... transparancy still works but "--tint" option does not
> > produce usable results: my Eterm is alway blue - no matter which
> > color i specify :(
>
> > i did several cvsups and rebuilds of the base system and the ports
> > but with no luck so far
>
> > anybody else seeing this behaviour? anybody using eterm with --trans
> > --tint--shape successfully on 5.4 / -STABLE ?
>
> Had this happen several months ago (February).  Try recompiling Eterm
> with  "-DWITH_MMX".

today i tried -DWITH_MMX on my box with the eterm prob - et voila :) ...
everything works fine now :)

open question: why is this option necessary at all now (after updating
from 5.2.1)? before this update eterm worked on this box as expected ...
wired ...

thx
regards,
stan

--
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."