Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:07:25 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        Alvaro Gil <alvaro@vrx.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stuck in 640X480  want 800X600

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 at 09:47:13 -0500, Alvaro Gil wrote:
> Here is my question, how do I get my console into 800X600 mode?  I
> have tried my BIOS and there is no option for an extended text mode.
> DOS also boots into 640X480.

If my memory serves me correctly, you need to compile VESA support into
your kernel, then you should be able to use vidcontrol to change the
screen to 800x600, for some laptops you will also need to compile in:
SC_PIXEL_MODE           # add support for the raster text mode
along with VESA

--
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net