Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:50:12 +0100
From:      Jeroen Arnoldus <freebsd@bja-electronics.nl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   [NFS]Solaris 5.9 NFS server FreeBSD 5.3 client lost connection

I've updated my workstation from FreeBSD 4.11 to FreeBSD 5.3. I've a strange
error with the NFS connection from my workstation to the nfs server.
The NFS server is a sun sparc V100 running solaris 5.9.

The FreeBSD 5.3 client gives connection lost / alive again messages after an
hour of running. The NIC of the FreeBSD machine is an 3com 3c905.

This problem doesn't occur when I'm running FreeBSD 4.x.

What could be a solution for this problem?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Arnoldus

BJA Electronics
Voorplecht 3