Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 2019 12:55:36 +0300
From:      Victor Gamov <vit@otcnet.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD as multicast router

Hi All

I have (noob) questions about multicast routing under FreeBSD.

I have FreeBSD box with two (or more) multicast enabled interfaces (e.x.
vlan750 and vlan299).  vlan750 connected to multicast source.

Then pimd installed and only this two interfaces enabled in pimd config.
Multicast routes successfully installed by pimd and listed by `netstat
-g -f inet`

Then client on vlan299 send IGMP-Join (this Join received by FreeBSD on
vlan299)

The question is:  who will forward muilticast from one interface
(vlan750) to another (vlan299)?  Is it kernel specific job or I need
additional software?

Thanks!

--
CU,