Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:33:01 -0500
From:      freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Neigaard?=" <neigaard@e-box.dk>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache::Nimda port?

On 20 Feb 2002 at 22:15, S=F8ren Neigaard wrote:

> I cant find the Apache::Nimda or Apache::CodeRed in the ports
> collection, why not?

 I don't believe they ever were??

 I found the CodeRed at www.cpan.org and that's where I always go to
get it.

> How do I install ports I download, I have never tried this before.
> Should I untar them in a special directory?

 I usually unzip/untar them in a temporary directory, read the
installation instructions, and follow their directions. In the case of
CodeRed, I believe it required a few other perl modules to be installed
first, then some directories, and files placed in your htdocs directory,
followed by a slight change to the apache httpd.conf file, and a restart
of apache.

-Gerry --------
www.interpool.ca -- Web and Domain Hosting
Primary/Secondary DNS services