Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:20:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      jamie <batsy@interlog.com>
To:        "David W. Rankin Jr." <rankin@cslab.uky.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RARP and bpf

> I have a stock FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE system that I am trying to use to
> use as a netboot server. However, every time that I try to get it to
> start rarpd, it complains that I don't have bpf configutred.

You have to go into /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/NAME-OF-YOUR-KERNEL and add the
line:

pseudo-device	bpf

> Is this a configuration issue, or is bpf not in the release kernal?
> If the latter, could someone point me to where I could get a kernal
> with bpf in it? (I unfortunately don't have the space for the sources,
> or I'd compile one myself.) I don't mind upgrading if I have to go with
> a different version.

Hrm, is there anyway you can put the kernel sources on another machine,
compile it and then download it and install it?

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Jamie Reid, Jr Sys-admin, batsy@interlog.com x232