Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 15:10:51 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PATCH: partial fix for broken "make release"...

--==_Exmh_-101993744P

If memory serves me right, Terry Lambert wrote:

> o	The files jade_1.2.1-13.diff.gz and pdf_sec.ps are not
> 	available from any of the listed mirros in the "ports"
> 	hierarchy, so they can not be correctly installed, and
> 	a "doc" build can not complete.  The workaround is to
> 	let the above fail, and then:

Yes.  Ran into this when testing RELNOTESng.  Grrrr.

> 	cd ${CHROOT}/usr/ports/distfiles
> 	GOTO=ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirrors/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles"
> 	fetch ${GOTO}/jade_1.2.1-13.diff.gc

s/gc/gz

> 	fetch ${GOTO}/pdf_sec.ps
>
> 	Then restart again... but this time:
>
> 	make rerelease  RELEASENOUPDATE=Y ...

Another way to do this is to fetch the files into /usr/ports/distfiles
and then do the release (this works for all distfiles, not just the
unfetchable ones).  Part of the release process copies /usr/ports/
distfiles to ${CHROOT}/usr/ports/distfiles.  In other words:

	# Do this once
	cd /usr/ports/distfiles
	GOTO=ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirros/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles
	fetch ${GOTO}/jade_1.2.1-13.diff.gz
	fetch ${GOTO}/pdf_sec.ps

	# make release works normally

Cheers,