Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 14:41:38 +0200
From:      Bernd Salbrechter <salb@hell.gud.siemens.at>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Improvement of the NSF Section

Hello!

I have just setup a nfs environment using the FreeBSD Handbook and
steped into the following Problem.

I edit /etc/exports to add the directories to the list of exported data
and could not mount them on the clinet site (Errormessage nfs can't
accress /cdrom permision denied).

I verified that I have all done in the right way an all deamons are
running, but could not fine why it dose not work using the handbook. The
final solution was that I have to "kill -HUP `cat /var/run/mountd.pid`.

Wouldn't it a good idea to add a hint about that in the Handbook (Section
NFS) and the manpage exports.5.

Hope this helps to improve the handbook

Bernd Salbrechter