Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:32:12 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Eric Six" <erics@sirsi.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How do I cut and paste in console mode ?

Here is the sequence I use to copy & past.
Use the mouse to position the mouse curser at the start position
of what I want to copy, hold down left mouse button to high-light
what I want to select. Once I release the left mouse button
I hear the hard drive work as the selected info is written
to the clip board.

I use the keyboard arrow buttons to move the non-mouse curser to the
position
I want to start the past at. Then move the mouse curser to the
keyboard arrow button positioned curser and as it gets closer it will turn
into an arrow.
I position this mouse curser arrow on the keyboard arrow curser and then
click both mouse buttons at same time and  bada bing it's pasted.

Now how does control-v modify this procedure to cut & paste?

Let me point out the difference between cut & copy.
When you cut a selected area and past it to a different area,
the selected area is REMOVED from the original area,
where a copy leaves behind the original selected area.
Are you really cutting out the original selected area or
just copying the original selected area?

Are we playing with words here? Does copy & cut mean the same thing?