Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:35:24 -0400
From:      Mikel <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        Kondie <kondwani@malawi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TFTP configuration

Kondie,

    I recommend the following;

mkdir /home/tftp
chown -R nobody:wheel /home/tftp

set up /etc/inetd.conf like so.
tftp    dgram   udp     wait    nobody  /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd
/home/tftp

kill -HUP `awk '/inetd/{print $1;exit}'`

Ok now I've found that with cisco routers and a couple of other tftp devices
like Computone termservers, if the file don't already exhist you'll get an
error. So in order to avoid the problem do the following;

touch /home/tftp/gw1

now you should be able to write net on a cisco router and follow the prompts.
Just remember to use the name you touched instead of the one they think you
should use...

Ok and one final note if you've got a firewall running then remember to open
tcp/udp in/out for port 69...

cheers,
Mikel