Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:39:10 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'wcondon@pacbell.net'" <wcondon@pacbell.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Downloading and sending  mail to and from ISP to Win98 intern al network computer

Ok.  Well, there are 2 ways you could implement this.

1. Configure natd on your system.  Then just point your Outlook 2000 to your
ISPs SMTP, POP3, IMAP, etc.. servers.

2.	a. Use fetchmail to download mail from your ISP to the FreeBSD box.
	b. Use the FreeBSD box as your SMTP server.  If you are going to do
this, you'll need to tweek the sendmail configuration a little bit so that
your mail isn't rejected by the recipients mail server.

Take a look at http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading.html

As for newsgroups, ether setup natd, or read them from the BSD box.  I never
heard of a nntp proxy (although I wouldn't doubt one exists).

Hope this helps,
-Chris