Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 13:02:46 GMT
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VM/kernel problems?

In article <199609102301.XAA03613@netfl15a.devetir.qld.gov.au> you wrote:

: > Anybody else seen this, or is it something local?

: Yup, I've been seeing it too - along with panics from brelse about freed
							^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: buffers onto a different queue. It seems to happen when there's two processes
: indulging in disk activity. I swapped a motherboard to one with a faster CPU
: just before installing the new kernel (and lost the old kernel so I couldn't
: try it out, blast it!)  and I was almost going to blame it on that.

 I was getting this like a shocker, with 10-20 reboots per day for the
 last couple of days, but now i seem to be stuck, and as much as i thrash
 the machine to death, it won't panic :(

 (and i had all the DDB and extra debug code in there to start to suss
 it out... groan... you guys take all the fun out of life :)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  Finger pjchilds@al.imforei.apana.org.au for public PGP key