Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:59:48 -0400
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Subject:   Re: netscape 4 status?

Doug White followed up to me in freebsd-questions:
 :
 : On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Howard Goldstein wrote in freebsd-questions:
 : > When I last visited the netscape 4.x many months ago it had some weird
 : > problem where one had to manually remove some files and accept the
 : > license agreement each time it was invoked lest it lock up.

[updating myself: as another mentioned, this is fixed, at least it is on the
4.05 release pulled out of ports-current running on 2.2.6R.  My
earlier bad experience was with a 4.x beta and 2.2.5R]

 : Well, now that we have the source, we can track down and kill this
 : properly.

This is quite exciting for the new friendliness features we can add.
Ahhh I see the mozilla port there but that old motif-needed bugaboo.

Wish: If someone were to ask I'd say let's loose the .gif animations
and also see if there's a way to pipe Expires: headers (or heck entire
html...)  for filtering through an external script, kind of like the
way squid can pass URLs through a filter for redirection...