Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:07:19 -0800
From:      Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   uninformed qstn...

	Hi People,
	Before I (potentially) throw aay some bills, I thought I'd
	ask the hardware-savvy if there is any appreciable difference
	between makes of hubs.

	After 5 years I am getting ready to move up to a 10/100 RJ-45
	hub.  I've got  a 5-port Linksys (always had good luckwith
	Linksys); thinking of buying an 8-port 10/100 Linksys for
	around $50.   Would buying a non-name-brand clone do the same
	job?

	(signed)
	Wondering-in-Washington.

--