Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 22:37:05 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Cat Okita <cat@uunet.ca>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freebsd.org>, current@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usregsite.com

In message <Pine.SUN.3.96.970520141531.4192O-100000@troll.uunet.ca> Cat Okita writes:
: As the owner of a site which is often forged, I'd be quite antsy about a
: scheme like that...and there's an incredible potential for misuse as well...

Yes.  The folks that own localhost.com are in the village and really
don't wanna wind up on spam filter lists because yahoos forge mail
from them.  I have two requests: 1) if you get spam from
localhost.com, please forward it to me.  2) Please don't add
localhost.com to your anti-spam lists.

The folks at localhost.com are agressively tracking down those people
fraudulently using it as a return address.

Warner

P.S.  I can state with 100% certainty that localhost.com does not
spam.  I know the machine in question and the people that run it and
have access to it.  All spams that claim to be from localhost.com are
forged.