Date:      Mon, 01 May 2000 07:25:17 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/share/examples/cvsup -> /usr/local/share/examples/cvsup

Nik Clayton wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Would anyone object to pulling /usr/share/examples/cvsup out of the base
> system, and into /usr/local/share/examples/cvsup, to be installed by the
> CVSup port?  There's no technical reason for the change, but it would be
> more consistent with our other ports.

Which cvsup port would get it? There are two...

And what about the folks who ftp the binary and never install the ports
collection?  They use the /usr/share/examples stuff as a base.  I certainly
do not install the ports dist at sysinstall time and only do so eventually
after cvsup'ing the ncvs tree and checking source and ports out of there.

Also, the share/examples stuff is supposed to be preset for getting the
active branch that the release is from, when using checkout mode.  To
duplicate that in the port you'd need multiple versions of the files and be
sensitive on the OS version.

Cheers,
-Peter