Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:24:41 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Tony Maher <tonym@biolateral.com.au>
Cc:        imp@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: laptop warm reboot hangs (back again!)

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 08:26:58PM +1100, Tony Maher wrote:
> I just cvsupped and made world and now I get warm reboot hangs again.
> It hangs in halfway thru BIOS screen (i.e. shows about half of the bios
> messages then hangs).

My laptop (a Dell Inspiron 3700) is suffering this kind of problems after
the new pccard code was committed just before 4.4-RELEASE. If I don't
insert any pccard the system reboots normally; however, after inserting a
pccard (I tried modems and ethernets), reboot fails on strange and weird
ways. Normally the BIOS completes the startup without any glitch, and
boot0 also works fine, but boot1 (loader) usually crash. And if I boot
Wind**s [yuck!] after FreeBSD has been running with pccards inserted, it
fails to boot properly (usually it hangs while displaying the startup
screen). I changed the BIOS setting for the boot POST from "minimal" to
"thorough" to no avail. I am running a -STABLE dated October 25.

--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **