Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      srinivasarao singireddy <ssrao@firstlinux.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   needs clarification!!!!

Hi
  we are developing an application which ultimately leades to change in kernel. Our requirement is we need to do file operations in kernel mode.  For achieving this, first we tried with system calls ( creat, open ).  It compiled error free, but when comes to execution resulting in page fault.  Then I came to know that open and creat are the system calls only used in user mode.  I searched in web wastly, but could not find a single material on how to do file operations in kernel mode.   I have gone thru the code which is under /sys/svr4 which is related to implementation of system calls, which contains the file operations code too.   Can I use this ? If yes how to proceed ? If i can not ? how I have to proceed ?

Please help me
ssrao