Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:10:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup/sparc64: Come and get it!

Drum roll, please ...

After much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, I've gotten
CVSup working on FreeBSD/sparc64 platforms.  You can grab the client
executable from here:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/cvsup-sparc64/

It seems to work just fine, but I've hardly tested it at all.  So be
careful out there.

If it doesn't work for you, update your system to -current from
January 1, 2003 or later and try again.  The package relies on a
couple of fairly recent library changes.  Don't ask me for specifics,
just upgrade.  No exceptions, no whining, thank you very much.

As part of this effort I updated the Modula-3 code generator to a new
gcc-3.2.1 code base.  That should make the port to other platforms
such as ia64 go much more easily.

I'll get all this stuff into the ports after I catch my breath.

John