Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:14:58 -0500
From:      "Anthony M. Agelastos" <iqgrande@gmail.com>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   GCJ on OOo

Hello all,

I was just wondering what the state of using gcj in place of jdk was
for OOo on FreeBSD. Is there any information you can bestow to me? I
ask this because perusing the Makefile shows that one can use the gcj
flag (but I cannot tell if it is marked as broken).

I know from the research that I have done that pre-2.0, it was
possible (this was how RedHat did it for their distro), but once 2.0
came out, the state of gcj did not permit such a build. I also know
that both groups have supposedly made some headway in allowing gcj
usage.

I do apologize if this is too common of a question or if I missed
some crucial information somewhere in my research.

-Anthony