Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:38:35 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Noses <noses@noses.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Casing wanted

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:26:04PM +0200, Noses wrote:
> In article <20010606100749.A5681@Odin.AC.HMC.Edu> brooks@one-eyed-alien.n=
et (Brooks Davis) wrote:
> > The PC Power & Cooling Solid Steel Tower has 10 bays, 8 external.
> > If you pick up one of their 500W or redundent 420W power supplies
> > and a couple of drive Y-s you should be able to connect everything.
>=20
> Not quite; I've spent a few minutes with paper and pencil and the experie=
nce
> of putting my head into a number of casings and my first guess is six dri=
ves
> connected.

Given that the 500W supply has a peak output of 700W, you've got plenty
of headroom for the startup power (216W for 9 60GXPs) unless you need
tons of CPU to go with the disk.  With a nice modest 1GHz PIII or Athlon
system, you won't even be close to your power budget.

-- Brooks

--=20

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a--