Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:32:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ramses Smeyers <fatman@khk.org>
To:        Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: useripacct

Hi,

> ipfw(8) in FreeBSD can count packets/bytes based on uid and gid (based
> on local socket credentials.)

are we then talking about a rule for every user?, and can this system be
used as disk quota, so with hard and soft quota (like
useripacct) does. The aim of the useripacct patch is to give a user 200MB
traffic for one month, and let their traffic block after those 200MB are
used. To implement this in freebsd, do I have to place a rule for every
user, this is like not scalable, and is their a daemon available to
control the IP flow and block users if it has to be done ?

ys,
rs