Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 11:04:43 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        braddock@byron.apana.org.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Three Questions

Reg Braddock stands accused of saying:

G'day Reg! 8)

> I'm planning on installing FreeBSD after exams, but I have three
> concerns about my ability to do so:
>
> 1)  Will it install (are there the drivers) from cd with my mitsumi 4x
> drive (an fx400 from memory)?  At the moment this is connected via a
> soundcard and os/2 picked it up on install.

That depends on what sort sort of soundcard it is, and which interface the
CD has.  I'd be inclined to say that as 'after exams' would be mid-late
november that 2.1 should be out by then, and the chances are good that
your CD will be covered.

> 2)  Does FreeBSD have the ability to read HPFS partitions to ease the
> transition between operating systems.

No.

> 3)  Will it coexist with bootmanager?

Yup, just fine, although you may prefer to use the FreeBSD bootmanager
which doesn't require a partition of its own.

> Reg.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[