Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:32:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Todd R. Talbott" <todd@igc.net>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Todd R. Talbott wrote:

> What files do I need to download?  I can't find anything here that looks
> like it is near the 60MB the TXT file says it takes up on the HD.  Also,
> can I install this to a multiboot drive with DOS & NT on a the mutliboot
> partition already, or does it take its own HD?

For starters, FreeBSD is portioned into distributions, each of which is
compressed, so the base install takes up 14 floppies but expands to
roughly 40MB, or something like that :)

Next, yes, you can install FreeBSD with other operating systems, as long
as you have a slice entry available. You can put it on it's on disk or
share with another, if you have the space.

Doug White                              | Student, University of Oregon
Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Major: Computer Science
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Eugene/Spfld BBS List Publisher