Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:09:25 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Micah Mayo <anxiety@primenet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup/Make World help

On Sun, Aug 09, 1998 at 02:15:37PM -0400, Micah Mayo wrote:
> I just CVSupped for the very first time and I don't know where to go
> from here,

Are you using CVSup to download a particular version (eg, -stable), or
are you using it to download the entire CVS tree?

If it's the latter, you will need to 'checkout' a copy of the source code
somewhere, and then make that.

Something like

    # mkdir /usr/src
    # cd /usr/src
    # cvs -d /home/ncvs checkout -r RELENG_2_2 -d . src

That last line runs 'cvs', telling it that the file repository is
'/home/ncvs', that it should 'checkout' the files, place them in '.',
which is the current directory, and that the FreeBSD 'src' module should
be retrieved.

The version (revision) retrieved is 'RELENG_2_2', which corresponds with
-stable.

Once the files have been checked out, you can then run 'make world', as
detailed in the tutorial.

"So it does!" said Pooh. "It goes in!"
"So it does!" said Piglet. "And it comes out!"
"Doesn't it?" said Eyeore. "It goes in and out like anything."