Date:      Sat, 1 Aug 1998 09:48:32 +0800 (HKT)
From:      "Raju M. Daryanani" <raju@rssd.hk.olivetti.com>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        mystify@wkstn4-208.lxr.georgetown.edu, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying to recover lost file

According to Terry Lambert:

> The first thing to do is to find the inode of the file that was deleted.

>From memory of Bach's "The Design of the UNIX OS", the inode should be the
first on the free list, since he just deleted it.  Or do things work
differently on the Berkeley File System?  Bach also mentioned that when
you delete a file its data blocks are placed on the block free list in
reverse order.  Again I don't know if this applies to the Berkely File
System, but if it's the case it could simplify the undeletion.

Raju
--
Raju M. Daryanani               | Email: raju@rssd.hk.olivetti.com
Network Integration Acting Manager |     raju@hk.super.net