Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:18:12 +0900
From:      Kimura Fuyuki <fuyuki@hadaly.org>
To:        s.wingate@cox.net
Cc:        adam@vectors.cx, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Resume port for FreeBSD

At Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:15:18 -0700,
Steve Wingate <s.wingate@cox.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 11 August 2002 01:52 pm, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> > edit the makefile. change java to java_vm. read the help forums on the
> > package's website of how to install the pieces to the correct places.
> > the port does NOT install the java pieces needed to build the resumes.
> > nor to the packages install the pieces into the correct directories. you
> > have to do a lot of it yourself. check the packages help forums and read
> > through all the help files.
> >
> I can understand it not installing the jdk, I already had that anyway.
> However, if the port doesn't do all the other things necessary to make it
> work at least minimally, or include a pkg-comment stating what's left to do,
> then what's the point of porting it in the first place?

The port can be used in many ways. One might install the port just for
the dtds to write his resume.xml using psgml package, and just upload
it to the web (then browsers translates it). In this case, he neither
need to install the xslt processor nor setup the java environment.

It's difficult to explain all the usages in the tiny pkg-message. ;)

-- fuyuki