Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 02:42:41 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "kjerste soderberg" <kjerstes@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <suppt@ethone.com>
Subject:   RE: aggregating bandwidth fr 3 incoming DSL lines

In looking at this, the idea of the devices that Fat Pipe is
selling is that you buy TWO devices, one for each "site" that
you want to interconnect.  Presumably you then have
multiple DSL lines from different ISP's coming to each site.

This is NOT a solution used with a single ISP to increase
incoming Internet bandwidth from that ISP.

In theory, it should be possible to duplicate this with
ppp under FreeBSD, you create a config that runs multilink PPP
over TCP.  PPP-over-TCP is already supported in user-mode ppp
as is multilink PPP.  You may have to make some modifications
to the ppp program itself, but most of the work has been done.

My only caution though is that if one circuit path between each
site has a tremendously higher amount of Round Trip Times on
traffic between the sites, then your link is going to favor the
circuit path with the hightest speed with most of the traffic, so
you may not notice any speed increase.