Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:08:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        PMJDALZELL@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No Subject

Its probably because the question doesnt make a lot of sense - message id
is automatically assigned to an email by whatever email program you are
using.  If it lacks one, some smtp servers will then make one up and stick
it in there.  Its not something and end person normally would pay any
attention to.