Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:58:46 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for testing: patch that helps Wine on 6.x

--nextPart1288148.zfQa47VROB

On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> On Friday 13 July 2007 20:08:59 Volker wrote:
> > On 07/11/07 20:42, John Baldwin wrote:
> >> This patch attempts to remove a gross hack with a slightly less
> >> gross hack in order to avoid clobbering data in signal info that
> >> Wine needs.  In 7 this was fixed by a major change to how the
> >> kernel manages signals internally, and that change is too large
> >> to be MFC'd, hence this lighter weight patch.  It has already
> >> been tested by the folks working on Wine, but I would like a bit
> >> more widespread testing before I commit it.  Please test this
> >> patch and let me know if anything breaks.  Note that this patch
> >> is only for i386.
> >>
> >> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/sig_eva.patch
> >
> > I've patched and recompiled world + kernel using your patch. I
> > can confirm it does not hurt but what does it good (my wine
> > already ran fine despite some DDE and performance issues)? What
> > to look for especially - any specific test procedures?
>
> Could you try Mozilla Firefox (for Windows) with and without this
> patch?

=46reeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Jul 31 13:27:00 EDT 2007

I applied the patch and recompiled my kernel.  The Firefox install=20
worked fine, but when I go to launch it I get:

wine firefox.exe=20
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly=20
L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xbf6db5e8, overlapped=20
0xbf6db5cc): stub
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}=20
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object=20
{4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59} could be created for context=20
0x1
err:seh:segv_handler Got unexpected trap 0
Bus error (core dumped)

Does the patch require 6-STABLE?

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry