Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 10:20:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Anoy1mous <Anoy1mous@aol.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Anoy1mous wrote:

>I have a 2.1 Gig HD with 980 Meg's Used for all files and Runing Win95 OSR2,
>When I used Fips.exe to partition the drive into two drive's but when this was
>completed. It overwrote my D: CD Rom driver. so now I have a C: and D: But no
>CD and a CD that I could use to fix it... but... wait I have no CD rom to run
>it off. :/

You do not need your DOS cdrom driver to do the installation. Download the
boot floppy from the website and do the install. The FreeBSD boot floppy
will make your cdrom work fine, at least for FreeBSD. You will be able to
successfully install FreeBSD.

You can then fix your DOS cdrom driver at your leisure.

FWIW: You are a victim of the dreaded "What do you mean my win95 boot
floppy does not have cdrom drivers on it?" virus. (It reproduces it self
on millions of systems and has detrimental effect ::snicker::) My advice
is to always have a win95 floppy that will install cdrom drivers. This is
a win95 issue only but I include this advice anyway because so many people
get burned by it.

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/