Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:39:54 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routing table: removing an invalid entry

Sorry, I can't find anything in the archives, and two submissions to
-questions got nothing.

how to remove a route when the destination is totally fubar?

today's syslog has 500 megs of:

Aug 12 12:35:27 mx3 arplookup 255.255.255.0 failed: host is not on local
network
Aug 12 12:35:27 mx3 arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 255.255.255.0rt

thanks
Len

================

>man route?

of course, I have been there, I have been to the handbook, I've been to
google/bsd, and my own -question -net -isp archives, and can't find the answer.

What does you "man route" say about trashing trashy entries?

# route delete "64\&0x7f000001"
route: bad address: 64\&0x7f000001

# route delete '64\&0x7f000001'
route: bad address: 64\&0x7f000001

# route delete `64\&0x7f000001`
64&0x7f000001: Command not found.
route: writing to routing socket: Invalid argument
delete net : Invalid argument

Len