Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 00:50:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        f94jnh@student.udd.htu.se
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X background bitmap

At 14.43 17/11/96 NFT, Henrik Johansson wrote: >Hi

>I am using the fvwm window manager, and would like to know
>if it is possible to change the background bitmap to one of my own
>pictures, which is possible in MS Windows and OS/2. Is there
>already a set of options included with fvwm, and how do you change it?

Just use xpmroot.

Edit you $HOME/.fvwmrc file, and somewhere in there (in the Function
"InitFunction" to be exact..) add something like:

    Exec    "I" xpmroot /home/mark/textures/slate.xpm &

This will set the background 'tile' to the slate.xpm pixmap. Simple, huh?!

cya,
-Mark

| Mark Mayo		  mark@quickweb.com       |
| RingZero Comp.  	  vinyl.quickweb.com/mark |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch